Friday, February 12, 2010

Opening Ceremony

The opening ceremonies are FINALLY being aired here in the United States...now that it's 10pm....when in fact the opening ceremonies began 4 hours ago! What the F NBC?!!!!!! Seriously, why the hell did I have to sit through 4 hours of local news and endless promotion of other NBC programming and way way too much yabbering by a plethora of hosts and commentators when the open ceremonies were in fact going on live?!? Pathetic NBC, pathetic. I would have watch it online on CTV's website however non-Canadian IP addresses were blocked. Anyways, while this was incredibly annoying, it's not really important when compared to the death of the Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili - how truly heartbreaking. And his poor family and team members. We watched the Georgian team enter into BC Place and I nearly lost it; I thought they were very brave and that it was very touching that they received a standing ovation as well as having the opening ceremony dedicated to their fallen teammate.

Switching gears, Canada just entered the stadium (3 hours after the fact...) and I really like the retro/classic look The Bay went with for these games. The toques en mass looked fabulous! Anyways, the cultural part of the show has begun so I'll sign off for now but before I do, who wants to play a little game of I-spy? Did anyone else see Princess Anne in the crowd when Great Britain entered the stadium? I did!

PS - I went to work today in my Canada Olympic sweatshirt, t-shirt and mittens (yes, the mittens too, my emails today were completely incomprehensible but that's ok, it was for a good cause...) and this jerk on my team started shouting Canada sucks and that we're going down in hockey - I told him to not to crow too loudly because humble pie has a nasty after taste! Jackass!

PSS - This cultural part is awesome - the technology is beautiful! And now Sarah McLaughlin is singing! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. just having my breakfast and watching the delayed BBC broadcast! I liked Canada's outfits and the USA's hats (not the trousers).

    ReplyDelete